How far is Aya Napa is away from Larnaca ?

Discussions on Cyprus

Postby CooLiSH on Thu Mar 06, 2008 14:58 pm

Hello All ..
This is my first time to Cyprus, i am planning to go to Larnaca and Limassol. I would like to go to Aya Napa & Paphos too, which to go from these two ?

I am gonna go to Larnaca and Limassol for sure, i need one more area.
Or if its easy to go to any of them as a trip, please advise too.

Thanks.
CooLiSH

Postby Mal 54 on Thu Mar 06, 2008 16:58 pm

Hi Coolish, welcome to HW, where are you staying in Cyprus, and when are you going?

From Larnaca to Ayia Napa 28 miles.

From Larnaca to Limassol about 45 mins by car.

From Limassol to Paphos about 45 mins by car.

While visiting Cyprus the Troodos mountains are a must to visit.

Cyprus is full of History.

The best way to travel around the island is by car. Driving is easy as they drive on the same side as the UK.

Most Cypriots speak very good English.

If you need more info. go into Google and ask, you can get heaps of info .

Good Luck

Mal :)
Mal 54

Postby papouas on Thu Mar 06, 2008 18:56 pm

Excellent choice to stay in Larnaca, as is centrally located and yo can visit all the other towns very easy (closest town to Ayia Napa a well)
Stayed at the Lysithea hotel before, and I highly recommend it.
Have a great time
papouas

Postby CooLiSH on Fri Mar 07, 2008 11:18 am

Mal 54
Thanks a lot for your reply.

My trip to Cyprus is for 8 days. So, I am thinking about staying in Larnaca for 2 days, Paphos 2 days and 4 days in Limassol.

So, i would like to know where to go first, i mean i will land in Larnaca airport so Larnaca will be my first destination.
Where to go then, Paphos or Limassol ?

And can you tell me where to go, i mean which places to visit other than the mountain you said about?

Papouas
Thanks a lot for your recommendation.
CooLiSH

Postby Mal 54 on Fri Mar 07, 2008 13:11 pm

Hi Coolish, Personally I would not stay in Larnaca, but, that's me, everyone is different. Larnaca to me is a one day visit place.

Ayia Napa on the other hand has a lovely beach, although the centre of Ayia Napa does cater for the young.

If your flying into Larnaca I would suggest you visit Larnaca first, then Limassol, then Paphos.

I don't like recommending hotels as everyones choice is different.

Most hotels, apartments etc are quite reasonably priced.

Are you doing a DIY? If so, this can work out cheaper, although it is very expensive to fly to Cyprus.

Like I said before Cyprus is steeped with History, best to look at the Cyprus site like I recommended. My taste may not be yours!

Someone else on HW might be able to answer your questions a little more in depth.
Mal 54

Postby CooLiSH on Fri Mar 07, 2008 17:44 pm

Hey Mal
Thank you very very much for all what you said.

Please, go ahead and tell me names of hotels and I will check them my self.
Currently, I am thinking about booking in Cynthiana Beach Hotel in Paphos and MEDITERRANEAN BEACH HOTEL in Limassol.
I am not able to know choose which hotel to go to in Larnaca, will you help me ?

And please, do tell me about the nice places you think i should visit. I want to know your own opinion and I will judge no worries :)

Thanks again.
CooLiSH

Postby Mal 54 on Fri Mar 07, 2008 23:09 pm

Hi again Coolish,

Sorry, I cannot recommend a hotel in Larnaca, never stayed there, only visited.

I would suggest while staying in:

Larnaca - Nicosia which is the capital, plenty of museums plus the green line, which separates the South from the North, you can cross the line, but you have to have a visa. Ayia Napa and Farmagusta. Leftcara village is lovely, its a lace and silver village. Troodos Mountains - Kykkos monastery.

Limassol - The Keo Factory (winery) Limassol is a lovely town, theres the old and the new town.

On the coast road from Limassol to Paphos Aphrodities Rock, the scenery is beautiful.

Paphos lovely harbour.

When travelling from Larnaca to Paphos use the coast road, not the motorway, the views are fabulous.

I hope this is of some help to you!

When were you thinking of going?
Mal 54

Postby CooLiSH on Sat Mar 08, 2008 08:54 am

Thank you very much dear for all what you said.
I will be arriving Larnaca 11/7/2008 (3.30 am).

If I wanna go to Aya Napa as a visit, I should go to it from Larnaca right ?and how much time will it take ?

And why did you say that its better to go after Larnaca to Limassol then to Pahos ?

For me, i will go to Larnaca & Limassol for sure, a friend suggested going to Paphos too and another friend suggested Aya Napa.
What do you think, which to go to Paphos or Aya Napa ?

Thanks a lot and sorry for asking too much but it's my first visit to Cyprus.
:)
CooLiSH

Postby CooLiSH on Sun Mar 09, 2008 06:39 am

Hey Mal
Still waiting for your opinion
CooLiSH

Postby Mal 54 on Tue Mar 11, 2008 13:27 pm

Hi Coolish,

The reason I suggested going to Ayia Napa from Larnaca is Ayia Napa is close to Larnaca, same end of the island. Travelling distance from Larnaca to Ayia Napa would be about 30 mins or so.

Limassol is in the middle, so from Larnaca you visit Limassol then Paphos being the other end of the island. Larnaca to Limassol 45 mins, Limassol to Paphos 45 mins.

They have now built motorways in Cyprus so travelling distances are very short.

If you take a look at a map of Cyprus it will give you some idea of where places are.

Mal :)
Mal 54

Next

Return to Cyprus Forum