Is Goa safe?

Discussions on Goa

Postby honeyblonde on Sun Feb 03, 2008 01:56 am

My sister & myself are going to Goa in febuary, Staying at the Marinha Dourada, will it be safe for us to go out in Baga in the evenings to the bars , by the way we are in our forty's. Thanks Jane.
honeyblonde

Postby macomaco on Sun Feb 03, 2008 18:32 pm

Hi Jane

Im guessing this is your 1st time in Goa

Goa is safest state as compared to the rest of states in India. But to be on the safe side, keep a tab on your luggage, and lock your suitcase and baggaging, keeping an eye on your personal items ie., cameras, purse, mobiles, etc., during travel. Its advisible to carry small amount of money in small bills in Indian Currency for sundry use and dont forget to keep a copy of passport with you at all times. There is also a special Women's Police Station to handle women related crimes. So far, the bottom line is Goa is safe for everyone.

Ive been 6 times and ive never had a problem but that dont mean you should drop your guard just be aware and have a great time .They say you either love or hate Goa i love it and i think u will too.
macomaco

Postby honeyblonde on Mon Feb 04, 2008 01:24 am

macomaco, thankyou for your advice, Yes we will make sure all our luggage is kept safe ect & we will be taking a lock for the safe in the hotel,So it will be ok to get a taxi to the bars in the evenings, not sure if it is ok for 2 women to walk into bars, I wouldn't like to feel out of place. Thankyou Jane.
honeyblonde

Postby TWICKY on Tue Feb 12, 2008 16:13 pm

omg two women alone in goa in there 40,s are the goans safe?
kidding you will be fine my wife and daughters often leave me alone in goa and have done since my children where 6 and 4 i think they hope i get lost or stolen but sadly for all there trying im still here. goa is one of the safest and friendliest places we have travelled to and love going back each year. enjoy your holiday and im sure when you return you will think why did i worry.
TWICKY

Postby honeyblonde on Wed Feb 13, 2008 00:10 am

Thanks Twicky for your advise, Yes i Think the Goans will be safe lol, We will try to be good , Carn't wait now saturday then we are on our way. Whhhhhoooooooooooo Jane & Liz
honeyblonde

Postby HW iaintwoeyes on Wed Feb 13, 2008 21:52 pm

Jane and Liz

Hope you have a brilliant time in Goa and especially the MD. Love to know how you get on in Goa and what your thoughts about the safety side is. Leave some sunshine for me, cos i'm in the MD from 20th March.

Please take loads of photos of the MD and when you place a hotel review of the MD on HW, you can also upload your photos for all to enjoy.
HW iaintwoeyes

Return to Goa Forum