camber sands - park resorts

Holiday Parks

Postby punky123 on Mon May 14, 2007 22:39 pm

Has anybody been to Park Resorts in Camber Sands?
Have read mixed reviews -have booked to go in july with 3 other adults - good idea? Any decent resturants/pubs in the area?
punky123

Postby clares on Tue May 15, 2007 18:23 pm

Not been to Park but definately avoid Pontins like the plague
clares

Postby yummum on Sun Jun 24, 2007 22:46 pm

We enjoyed it very much. Used restaurant on the camp for breakfast which we thought was good value for money. there is local pubs, just a drive away for evening meal etc. Beach is just across the road, club was great fun although prices bit high but you expect that from holiday camp.
At the end of day it is what you make it. And you can make it a good holiday. We would return again.
yummum

Postby angrybabe on Fri Jun 29, 2007 22:53 pm

Just returned from Park Resorts in Camber.
HATED IT.
our accomodation was poor. Entertainment - well it should be called something other than entertainment under the trade description act. Resident band could not hold a tune and Volume so loud my son had a headache after 2 mins.
swimming pool closes for lunch?, why? there are 6 lifeguards but they all have to go to lunch together for some reason. Breakfast good value at �1.99, but still managed to have row with one member of staff who was totally inflexible and "jobsworthy" (its a long story).
They have also designed the club and restaurant so that in order to get into them you are forced to walk through the games arcade, which I think is very poor. - Also, my son went into the children's shop within the club with his �1.00, and came out with a blood covered dagger??, should they be selling this kind of thing in the club??,
I have been to many holiday camps and stayed in many a caravan but I have to say this was the worst one and I will never go back there!
by the way I am just a normal person, not a victor meldrew type, and I have been to many of these type of camps but would not rate this one. Sorry if you have booked to go there!.
P.S Rye is excellent and there is a great pub called the Oast House Just outside Rye in Playden (literally 1 minute from Rye) which does excellent food.
angrybabe

Postby ttlover on Wed Aug 08, 2007 16:38 pm

Camber Sands, and Park resorts is ace! USed to work for them, they are fab. My bro works at Camber Sands, I go there all the time, the Ents are great, loads of energy, and fun! Lots to do, beach across road, stuff on in day at Camber, but like everything, holiday parks are phasing out for abroad, so there is only so much they can do before people get bored or are not happy, its so hard to keep things fresh and new when they have been going for years, no-one cares no more!!! Long live holiday parks! Woo woo!!
ttlover

Postby nevereveragain on Thu Aug 14, 2008 09:22 am

No! don't go
absolutely dire
they have just received a six page letter of complaint.
touring field like a refugee camp
filthy
nevereveragain

Postby lennon on Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:31 am

I hope you do not need to contact customer services at any time,to complain, because it is impossible to get through to anyone.
I have tried many times and the receptionist always says they are busy and will call back-but they never do!!!!!!!!!!
They take my booking money quickly enough-why can't they have the courtesy to answer my call?
lennon

Postby ChuppaChops on Tue Aug 26, 2008 18:32 pm

i dont know which park is worse this year, camber or romney. a friend of mine is an owner here and he is rather disgussted with this years staff at camber and to be perfectly honest and i can see where he is coming from. ive visited him and his family many times this year and this year is by far the worst entertainment team i have ever seen. there boss stevie is hardly ever around and so gemma is left in charge, she seems very shy and dont know what she is doing of. the shows i couldnt help laugh at, if you want talent at camber then you need to bring back sammy mac, sean, sammy leigh, chelsea, dan and kerry, they really could dance, sing and entertain and was never miserable!
ChuppaChops

Postby westham89 on Tue Sep 09, 2008 13:08 pm

i wanna know what chuppa chops is chattin about camber sands this year is great the ents team is the best ents team ive seen down there in the last 3-4 years stevie and gemma are always workin hard and them and the rest of the team are really gd at there jobs and know what there doin and always have time to stand and chat unlike last years.
westham89

Return to Holiday Parks