Fuss Free Wedding in Tenerife

Discussions on Tenerife

Postby arabrab on Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:11 am

My partner and I want to slip away and get married abroad without any of the usual fuss (ie family, costs etc) involved in the UK

We're both very fond of Tenerife, but obviously have no experience of weddings there.

A few questions:

Is there any way of having a quick quiet civil ceremony?
Can we book when we get there?
How much notice do we need to give? (we'd like to do it this year)
Does the fact that one of us is divorced matter?

I'm sure there's a few more questions but they'll come to me in time!

:bounce:
arabrab

Postby alfie100 on Wed Jan 09, 2008 16:57 pm

did you ever get a reply or get married as that is what we want to do and in Tenerife and I am divorced
alfie100

Postby Katie Lou on Mon Feb 04, 2008 19:41 pm

Hi

We are getting a church wedding in Tenerife in July 2008 i dont think this option is possible if you are divorced. Civil cermonys have a residancy requirement. But i think you could have a blessing although its not legally binding you could have the civil at home and let your guests believe the blessing is the real thing. This is what we were going to do as we love Tenerife too.

I have a wedding planner who is fanastic.

If you want any other info or help email me at [email address removed]

Good Luck
C.
Katie Lou

Postby jax911 on Thu Mar 27, 2008 19:04 pm

Hi there
I got married in Tenerife in October 2006 & it was fantastic,although choose your time of day carefully - it gets very very hot especially under those layers of dress. We chose early evening and the sunset photo's where amazing.
Unless you actually live in Tenerife then your wedding is not Legal - it's actually only a blessing. You will need a civil ceremomy in the UK prior to it - we didn't tell a sole about the UK side & eveyone thought that that was our wedding,but to us it really was ... but the plus side to that is you actually have 2 wedding anniversary's!!!

Good Luck too you both & enjoy your special day!
x
jax911

Postby brideslove on Wed Apr 29, 2009 04:06 am

deleted due to advertising rules
brideslove

Postby rmeisme on Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:08 pm

I have decided to get married in Tenerife but i have no idea on the venue, can anyone recommend a place for between 100-150 guests?
rmeisme

Postby jgm on Mon May 02, 2011 16:58 pm

You could use Ritz Resorts in Amirilla Golf, San Miguel de Abona and there is Dream Hotels in Adeje, which is a beautiful resort.

Post deleted due to date of OP
jgm

Postby Canaries Concierge on Tue Jun 21, 2011 20:48 pm

Canaries Concierge is Tenerife Premier Wedding Planners. We have been established over 15 years and work with over 200 locations in Tenerife. Extensive references are available from our past clients, also directors of 5 star hotels, luxury yacht owners and priests and pastors in Tenerife. New for 2011 is that we have now working for our company our own Marriage Celebrant.
Canaries Concierge

Return to Tenerife Forum