Travel Group Administration S.L.

Won a free holiday? Suspicious? This is the place for you!

Postby Paljoey on Fri Jun 08, 2007 08:27 am

Has anyone heard of or had dealings with Travel Group Administration S.L.? A friend of mine has been contacted by this company telling him they can retrieve some of the money he paid to join Club Class in Tenerife. They have offered him, up to a week, free accommadation with a fee of about �130 for a consultation. He would like to know if this is genuine.
Paljoey

Postby Fred 2 on Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:24 am

This is a scam. On the Crim*share blacklist. They have all kinds of tales including one about the Tenerife government having a compensation fund. This is a lie. They are a selling operation and that is why they want to get people out there. Have a look at this thread on Timesharetalk.

www.timesharetalk.co.uk/forum/topic.asp ... hichpage=1
Fred 2

Postby Paljoey on Fri Jun 08, 2007 15:10 pm

Thanks for your reply. I have just been on the phone to my friend to give him the bad news and he now tells me he has paid �131.00 to this company for consultation. he is now wondering whether to try and get his money back or just go and enjoy a weeks holiday in the accommadation offered. I'm afraid I don't know what to tell him. Could you advise?
Paljoey

Postby HW Jan.C on Fri Jun 08, 2007 16:01 pm

I really would think twice before taking nthe so called free accommadation, it will be HARD SELL all the way.
Jan
HW JAN
HW Jan.C

Postby Fred 2 on Fri Jun 08, 2007 17:06 pm

What a pity he did not wait. Two things are practically certain. 1) The "free" will be dependent on him buying into something while there, almost certainly a holiday club and 2) If they say that they can get him money back (which they cannot - just where would they get it from?) they will offer him something like a CashBack certificate with a face value of the amount expected - but this is not encashable for five years, is subject to conditions which make it very difficult to claim AND only actually promises to pay 10% of face value. What probably happens is that they pay for the CashBack cert out of the profit which they expect to make from him.

All in all it could prove to be a very expensive trip. Far cheaper to write off the �130. In any event he should not go under any circumstances.

However as he has paid they may send him a contract. If they do not he should ask them to set out their terms for the trip and consultation in writing. This may not square with what he has been told, giving grounds for cancellation. If so he can ask for his money back and, if he doesn't get it (and assuming that he paid by credit card) he can ask the cc company to do a clawback.
Fred 2

Postby Sherdy16 on Thu Jul 19, 2007 21:39 pm

Have a look at the current Travelsafe holidays thread, lots of useful advice......Tell your friend to get on the phone to his credit card company as he can claim a refund up to 60 days.
Sheryll
Sherdy16

Return to Timeshare & Holiday Clubs