club access 2 leisure

Won a free holiday? Suspicious? This is the place for you!

Postby tinytina09 on Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:31 am

My Husband and I were approached in May this year on the first day of our holiday. We're normally savvy people but were completely taken in by a rep called Sam. we paid a deposit of £1000 on my debitcard. It ruined our holiday and we realised very quickly we'd been done! On our return we phoned the company and told them we no longer wanted to contnue with the contract. We have not responded to any of their letters and have now just received a letter stating that a debt collection agency will be calling for the total sum of £2,250 which we cannot afford. I have emailed a consumer websit as suggested on the forum and await their reply. If anyone has any advice of how we should continue, I would be grateful to hear from you. We have 14 days to respond to their threat.
tinytina09

Postby Full Monty on Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:59 am

Playing Devil's Advocate:

1. What makes you think you have been conned?

2. Why did you not do anything about it whilst you were there?

I doubt they will push this to court - and there are ways of dealing with debt collection agencies. But I'd make sure you knew the answers to the above quesions before going further.
Full Monty

Postby tony2phones on Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:14 am

If you havn't done already send them an email laying out your position and take advice from Citizens Advice. Always deal in Hard copy rather than over the telephone. This company operate under the Manx flag of convenience which causes all sorts of problems. Unfortunately I doubt you will get your deposit back but assuming it is lost this large amount paid for nothing received should put the law on your side. I have sent my info to the European Consumers Council but have heard nothing for several months.

Monty. You are shown an apartment which bears no resemblance to the one you "Buy" once you read the paperwork which is sealed before you are told there is no cooling off period (breach of European law) you find you cano't avail of most of their promises. If you dont read the fine print whilst you are in Malta then you wont discover these things. Having been conned out of more than the cost of a decent holiday normal people dont feel like spending the rest of their holiday being messed around but prefer to think they are dealing with a reputable company who would sort things out decently over the phone. Unfortunately this is not that sort of company.
tony2phones

Postby 1username on Tue Nov 17, 2009 16:40 pm

We're normally savvy people but were completely taken in by a rep called Sam. we paid a deposit of £1000 on my debitcard.

Obviously not that savvy. You won't get any money back. Put it down to experience and enjoy your next holiday.

Remember kids.... just say NO
1username

Postby lostalot on Tue Nov 17, 2009 17:12 pm

Serves you right. You get scammed for a Grand and its OK then ?
lostalot

Postby tinytina09 on Thu Nov 26, 2009 20:58 pm

We have now had our contract cancelled after putting the matter into the hands of our solicitor. It cost us £500 but at least A2L wn't be getting any further monies from us. Thanks Tony2phones for your advice.
tinytina09

Postby lalaland on Fri Jan 08, 2010 13:28 pm

Does anyone know what happened to 'Club Access 2 Leisure Information' - it was a most helpful web-site and they appeared to be having some success in regard to A2L - premium membership, purchase of membership, inability to obtain required accommodation etc - but A2L itself didn't like it and I think it may have been pulled because of this. If it is still going but under another name could I have it please - many thanks
lalaland

Postby btyguncrew on Thu Feb 18, 2010 17:09 pm

Hi I my freind was caught out by in 2009
he told them to cancell it 3 days after he had signed I.E. once home and reality sunk in and indeed he thought they had cancelled as he heard nothing for a year then he rercived a demand for two and a half grand followed seven days later by a debt collectors letter from a firm in liverpool followed seven days by a stronger worded letter from the same collection agency
but from reading this forum i see a TinyTina09 found a way to get rid of them at a cost of only £500 and was advised by tony2phones please could someone anyone tell me what she did as my mate is really down about this and i am tasked with the job of help sorting it out for peace of mind thanks
btyguncrew

Postby wills15 on Thu Feb 18, 2010 17:29 pm

HI btguncrew
Do not know anything about TinyTina09 or tony2phones solving their problems but try speaking with your local citizen advice or look at timeshare consumer assocation website at www.timeshare.org.uk. Good luck in sorting your friends mess.
wills15

Postby bobbobbob on Thu Feb 18, 2010 18:50 pm

tinytina09

can you tell us what the solicitor said to get the contract closed, also has anyone been round to collect any money from anyone as yet
bobbobbob

PreviousNext

Return to Timeshare & Holiday Clubs