sunsave.com

Find out the lowdown on who you hand over your hard earned cash too!

Postby davuk on Wed Apr 01, 2009 22:30 pm

I had a very unpleasent experience simmiliar to what everyone else is saying. I booked through their website and recieved a call back saying the price had increased by 450 pounds!Their web "is not live", when I tried to cancell they said the flights were booked but we could change our accomodation to fit our budget I really wasn't happy but let them find another hotel. I'll never recomend this company or use it again so beware.
davuk

Postby naps on Fri Apr 03, 2009 18:58 pm

Do not use this company.It's a rip off.Never had this before.I booked on line and got no confirmation on line.Then consultant rang me adding more to price although on line it said total cost of holiday.When I said we wouldn't be going we were told we would have to pay £60.We booked it but we were not given the
current price which had gone down.We were charged 2 lots of card charges,one which was over the price.I rang customer services and after 24 hours I had to pester to speak to a manager.They said that online bookings were binding immediately you enter your details so why do we need to speak to a consultant apart from them upping the price.It said Atol protected but they then said we'd have to pay £17 for travelling with Easyjet.Nothing is explained properly on the website and I feel it contravenes Trade descriptions.The staff were very unprofessional and only apologised when I got angry but denied they were acting improperly.I think this company needs investigating.When I tried again to cancel
I was told I was liable for the full amount.I intend to take this further by contacting BBC Watchdog.
naps

Postby naps on Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:24 am

Please can anyone let me know if any investigations have been carried out about the practices of Sunsave Holidays.I would like to know why they are still being allowed to force customers to take their holidays after being conned into
paying more than the stated total cost.
naps

Postby kers6279 on Tue Apr 07, 2009 00:37 am

I am writing to warn potential customers about the nightmare that I have endured whilst booking my holiday with the above Holiday Firm. (Or lack of holiday).

My friend and I were looking for a 3 day getaway during the easter break. We searched the internet for different deals and were amazed when we came across SUNSAVE.COM.

We phoned sunsave straightaway and spoke to a very friendly girl named (Gemma) who came up with a fantastic deal for a getaway to Benidorm leaving Edinburgh on the 16th of April 2009 and returning on the Monday the 19th April 2009, staying in a hotel, half board.

THE TOTAL COST OF THE HOLIDAY FOR 2 ADULTS FLIGHTS AND ACCOMMODATION £507.

Whilst booking the holiday (gemma) said Ryanair computers had went down and that she gave me a reference number to check online with ryanair to see if the sale had went through, she said not to worry because the same thing had happened with Ryanair and there computers had went down the day before and that the sales had still gone through ok. I later checked online with the reference number given and there were no details of sunsave booking the flights.

I phoned Gemma and she also checked with Ryanair and she too came back and said there was nothing booked under our names. “THE BOOKING NEVER WENT THROUGH”.

Gemma then said she would check what other flights were available but they were coming up way over our original budget. I asked could we possibly have holiday money refunded back into my bank account i.e. The hotel cost which was £278.22, and as a good will gesture she was going to get admin to do this the next day.

When I checked my bank account later that evening two transactions for £278.22 had been debited form my account? On contacting Sunsave Travel regarding this matter they denied all knowledge of 2 payments being debited and said that only one had been processed. Whilst speaking to my Bank they stated that 2 payments had definitely been taken off by Sunsave Travel. The bank had also said that Ryanair had tried to debit my account but had been given the wrong expiry date on my bankcard so therefore the transaction with them never gone ahead (this being Sunsave Travels error).

After numerous telephone conversations between myself and sunsave and hitting my head of a brick wall I am now no further forward with getting my money back.

I went into the bank today the 6th of April 2009 to discover that Sunsave have now yet again taken a 3rd payment of £278.22 from my account, surely because they are taking unauthorised payments out of my Bank that this would be fraud?

On speaking to sunsave travel they have now got no knowledge of a holiday being booked by ourselves. The Bank spoke to sunsave on our behalf and have faxed Chelsea at Sunsave customer care proof of all transactions being debited from my account. Sunsave have said that the payments should go back into my account within 3 to 5 days. I myself and my friend are not so confident.

NEVER EVER EVER BOOK WITH THIS COMPANY THEY SCAM ARTISTS AND SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN!!!

Kerry Bell and Victoria Milloy
kers6279

Postby naps on Tue Apr 07, 2009 16:52 pm

Just read about another problem with Sunsave.I have contacted Global Travel Group who say Sunsave is a member but they don't deal with disputes.It is appalling that they are being allowed to trade.I am now contacting ABTA and ATOL for advice.
naps

Postby kers6279 on Tue Apr 07, 2009 21:37 pm

hi, i have sent letters to all companys and emailed the newspapers,i am also going to contact watchdog. i am appalled at this situation and somthing needs to be done. let me know how you get on thanks kerry.
kers6279

Postby naps on Wed Apr 08, 2009 17:16 pm

I have been in touch with Consumer Direct.This oompany has been visited by them before but not recently.Hopefully something will be done now!
naps

Postby kers6279 on Wed Apr 08, 2009 23:11 pm

hi, it will be interesting to see what happens, do you have a contact number/address for customer direct, and i could contact them as well,I did have a look on google but couldnt find the information i was looking for. im determined to fight this all the way. The money is suposed to be back in my account by end of the week, but afer reading the all review's, i doubt that very much. Thank's for getting back to me, ill let you know if I have any luck regarding this matter.
kers6279

Postby naps on Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:37 am

(contact details removed by moderator)

I have had a long conversation with her.I also emailed 'The One Show' BBC TV
naps

Postby kers6279 on Thu Apr 09, 2009 20:20 pm

hello, thanks very much, I will contact her first thing in the monrning.
kers6279

PreviousNext

Return to Travel Agents & Tour Operators