British Girl Raped in Turkish Hotel

Latest travel news affecting you, the consumer.

Postby spice on Tue Oct 25, 2005 17:38 pm

"The way young girls dress and act nowadays is anyone surprised." --- Sydney

does this mean all the women wearing bikinis are asking for it awful thing to say should be ashamed good job your not a man.
spice

Postby HW tenpin on Tue Oct 25, 2005 21:20 pm

"The way young girls dress and act nowadays is anyone surprised." --- Sydney

Sydney, that is the worst thing you have ever written on this site, you should be ashamed, of even thinking that way.

As others have said, regardless of how girls dress, it does not give any man the cause to give offence in any way, let alone a sexual assault

Just as some of your previous comments, do not give me the right to reply in a similar way. Just how will that family feel if they ever visit this site in the future.
Cruising is like 'Being in the Garden of Eating'

Cruise-Forum.html

Link to cruise forum
HW tenpin

Postby june52 on Tue Oct 25, 2005 21:23 pm

This is not the first British girl to be raped in Turkey there was a young girl a few years back who went back to Turkeyfor the trial and her rapist was jailed .I followed the story as i knew the girls parents as we used to live near them .NO GIRL deserves to be Raped no means no :icon_grrs
june52

Postby Mal 54 on Tue Oct 25, 2005 21:46 pm

I have nothing against Turkish people, but a few years ago a 16 year old was raped in our town by a Turkish lad, in a car park, he was caught, after someone else nearly got the rap for it, Luckily DNA tests proved he was innocent, thank God for DNA. This Turkish lad probably thought he was in the clear.
Mal 54

Postby Mark W on Wed Oct 26, 2005 01:28 am

This is clearly a very serious subject, & rightly so,

At the end of the day, in my opinion, you have to take away all the modern assumptions, rape is still rape whether it happened 100 or two years ago, no matter what the circumstances.

Men can still be raped by women, laughable as it may seem, it does happen.

It doesn't mean that all men get carried away, which again, is a modern assumption. Anyone that thinks otherwise is living in the past.

But, whatever has happened is wrong & nobody should condone, or make excuses for it. :thumbdow:
Mark W

Postby Mal 54 on Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:54 am

I totally agree with you HW Mark, Rape is Rape at the end of the day, be it male or female.
Mal 54

Postby brian121 on Wed Oct 26, 2005 18:20 pm

Your very quite sydney. How about asking H.W to remove your reply as a way of apologising, or indeed post an apology.
brian121

Postby myloisalegend on Wed Oct 26, 2005 19:29 pm

The story is discusting (excuse bad spelling), and apparently this is common in Turkey, somebody I know came back this year and said the Turkish guys tried to buy her from her mother. It seems like a very corrupt place, or is this just certain bad areas?
myloisalegend

Postby myloisalegend on Wed Oct 26, 2005 19:39 pm

btw, just checked First Choice website, holidays still being sold to these apartments, they obviously have done nothing about it.
myloisalegend

Postby HW Jan.C on Thu Oct 27, 2005 08:02 am

Someone offered 5 camels for my daughter they were joking with us, Turkey is not a very corrupt place, and all of the Turkish men we have met in our time there on holiday have been warm and friendly, not in any menacing way, They are a lovely people very friendly, there is good and bad in every nation,I think the hotel should be removed from the brochures but it certanly wont stop me going on holiday to Turkey again.It is a lovely country and the people are so friendly.

"The story is discusting (excuse bad spelling), and apparently this is common in Turkey, somebody I know came back this year and said the Turkish guys tried to buy her from her mother. It seems like a very corrupt place, or is this just certain bad areas?" --- myloisalegend
HW JAN
HW Jan.C

PreviousNext

Return to Travel News