Spending Money

Discussions on Turkey

Postby wirpysgirl on Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:29 am

How much would any one recomend u take for 2wk stay 2 adults and 1 teenage girl, wouldn,t like to run out of money hahha. ::roll: :p
wirpysgirl

Postby enca48 on Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:43 am

depence how many drinks ?and food as well
but normally a holiday maker spent a day each 10 or 15 pound per day
2 weeks for each person 210 pound enough
enca48

Postby digs123 on Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:52 pm

We were in Marmaris for 2 weeks in June. 1 adult and 2 teenagers and spent well over �1000. This included trips, meals and shopping.

�5-�6 for a 5 course meal, �1.30 full english breakfast, �2.00 for a chicken burger and chips, �2 for kebabs. Beer is �1.50 ish and large coke about �2.00. All depends on exchange rate but this is a rough guide.

We did several trips including quad biking, jeep safari, cruise and disco boat.

Hope this will help. Let me know if I can help further.
digs123

Postby dodge on Thu Jul 27, 2006 14:55 pm

hello2: hi wirpsygirl: wav:
we are going to icmeler in august cant wait we are 2 adults & a 14 year old,we are going bed & breakfast and we usually take about �1800 but last year we came back with �600 depending on what you want out of your holidays we do a few trips booked through carol no you wont get ripped off daughter & i love shopping we bought 14 bags,purses t-shirts jeans gold charms,for daughters gold charm bracelet so cheap & they solder them while you wait no charge,if you have any old gold ie broken chains odd earrings anything if you take it they will make you something my husband has 2 wedding rings and he is taken them to be melted into one she said cost would be between �6-�10 get it back next day.
the restaurants are fab were are you staying? also we went to the water park in marmaris.we are hoping to go to rhodes for the day �26 each if you want a boat trip go on the surf & turf �16 each all inclusive thats cup of tea/coffee as you arrive lunch,chicken steak saladbarbecued fresh on front of boat, melon and all your drinks alcholic or soft drinks all have a bed each,we will definately be on it again,as i said go to icmeler travel centre see scottish carol,lovely person & her hubby gino,have you a son or daughter we may meet up with you if there the same time.
and the rate at the moment is the best we have ever got & this is our 4th year
hope this is of some help to you

anyway hun hope you have a brill time
cheers :occasion1 dodge
hotsun: :occasion1 hotsun: :occasion1 hotsun: :occasion1
dodge

Postby cloudy on Thu Jul 27, 2006 17:48 pm

We probably spend around 500 in a week for two adults and this is not scrimping. Turkey can be as cheap or as expensive as you like.
We can get a set meal for around a fiver then again it is possible to get cheaper. Food is cheap but wine and spirits can make the bill mount up as I found out when me and a friend got carried away with the wine list.
cloudy

Postby wirpysgirl on Thu Jul 27, 2006 23:24 pm

thanks all of u for taking time out really appreciated that info we were looking at taking 2000 but don,t think i,ll spend all that thanks again. :occasion1 :thumleft:
wirpysgirl

Postby wirpysgirl on Thu Jul 27, 2006 23:29 pm

hi ya dodge we are going 3rd sept for 2 weeks will u still be there or home ??????????????????:thumleft:
wirpysgirl

Postby dodge on Fri Jul 28, 2006 08:30 am

hi wirpsygirl :cheers:
no we go 4th aug so we will be back when you go so have great holiday and will post my review of holiday when i get back try to save you some efes & raki

cheers :occasion1 dodge :thumleft:
dodge

Postby cloudy on Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:59 am

"thanks all of u for taking time out really appreciated that info we were looking at taking 2000 but don,t think i,ll spend all that thanks again. :occasion1 :thumleft:" --- wirpysgirl

That will more than enough. We usually take too much, but dont change until we get there as a lot of places will accept English money.
The most we have ever spent in Turkey for a fortnight was �1400 and that included a Leather jacket ,jewellery for me and my daughters 21st, presents,clothes and bags.
We found to our cost that they won't take Scottish money. We went to pay our hotel bill with money I got out the bank and it was refused so we had to go visit the cashpoint there. We have to hunt around to get english money to go to Turkey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cloudy

Postby HW iaintwoeyes on Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:37 pm

"How much would any one recomend u take for 2wk stay and 1 teenage girl " --- wirpysgirl

Lots and lots :D
HW iaintwoeyes

Next

Return to Turkey Forum