EXCALIBUR SALES & MARKETING

Won a free holiday? Suspicious? This is the place for you!

Postby DeeMGee on Sat Feb 06, 2010 17:14 pm

HI, THIS IS MY FIRST POST, I THINK I PUT IT IN THE WRONG SECTION THE FIRST TIME.
I AM TRYING TO FIND ANY INFORMATION ON EXCALIBUR SALES & MARKETING, BASED AT ALGORROBO IN SOUTHERN SPAIN. I RECEIVED A TELEPHONE CALL FROM THEM THIS AFTERNOON OUT OF THE BLUE ASKING IF I WAS THINKING OF SELLING MY "CLUB LA COSTA VACATION CLUB" POINTS. THE LADY WAS VERY PLEASANT AND ADVISED ME THAT SHE HAD A CORPORATE CLIENT WHO WAS CURRENTLY BUYING "POINTS" I WAS RATHER DISMISSIVE HAVING PREVIOUSLY BEEN CONNED BY "ETOO" SEVERAL YEARS AGO, BUT SHE ASKED ME TO CHECK UP ON THE INTERNET & TO GOOGLE THE COMPANY TO CONFIRM THEIR REPUTATION, BUT THERE IS VIRTUALLY NO INFO OUT THERE.
CAN ANYONE GIVE ME ANY LEADS, ARE THEY GENUINE!!!! OR IS IT YET ANOTHER CON?
DEEMGEE
DeeMGee

Postby HW John on Sat Feb 06, 2010 17:41 pm

Please post all future messages in lower case as typing in capitals is deemed as 'shouting'

Thanks
HW Mods
HW John

Postby Marriotty on Sat Feb 06, 2010 17:51 pm

DEEMGEE!

Ask yourself this Question?? How did they know..you was considering selling your TimeShare?
Corporate clients are NOT fools..do you think they go through a second party
to find what they Require??
GO..on e-Bay and look at the prices being attained on the T/S.there..then re-ask
you self Question 2?/
IF..after due diligence to convince yourself they are legit!!OMG!! you must
have more money than sence..LOL
Marriotty

Postby DeeMGee on Sat Feb 06, 2010 19:05 pm

Hi all, sorry about the caps I didn't mean to "shout" I simply find it easier to read when the text is in caps.
DeeMGee
DeeMGee

Postby FullMonty on Sat Feb 06, 2010 23:25 pm

Cold call = scam.

Come to our office = scam.

Two simple rules. Never been known to fail.
FullMonty

Postby nannypat on Wed Feb 10, 2010 16:32 pm

Please keep well away from the above mentioned company. I have fallen foul of them and I am a couple of thousand pounds less better off. They call to say they have a buyer and need fees etc to put the sale through. Four so called buyers down the line and timeshare still not sold., they are impossible to contact and when they do they use delaying tactic. I have bombarded them with e mails and phone messages but all to no avail. I am going down the legal route and to OFT.
So please please keep away.It has been a year since the first call and still no sale.
nannypat

Postby nannypat on Thu Feb 11, 2010 08:38 am

Update on the above company.
I was told yesterday that there is no way I could get my money back as the office staff have no authority to give monies back, the CEO of the company will not take phone calls unless by appointment (Yes a phone call by appointment) and as he travels between Monaco and Spain it is impossible to book a said appointment. I have been on to TATOC and they explained that after some time I would be offered a holiday just to compensate the wait and true enough yesterday I was offered the said holiday, which I declined.Mr. George Woods actually said to stay with him and family plus the dogs and cats.??????
He is a very accomplished SALES REP. he kept asking me if I liked him, which was a very inappropriate question.
Once again keep clear of above mentioned company and anyone called George Woods from the company.
nannypat

Postby Michael Woolf on Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:26 am

Nannypat.Did you get my response to your posting ?
Michael Woolf

Postby wills15 on Wed Feb 17, 2010 16:25 pm

Nannypat
How did you pay them? If by credit card speak with your credit card company and explain the misrepresentation of this company. Given that you have emailed them so have proof CC company should be able to get your money back for you. Good luck.
wills15

Postby samwestie72 on Sat Feb 20, 2010 00:58 am

In regards to how this company get their information about you it was most likely stolen from your time share or holiday club/company. After being contacted by them I phoned ours and was told three months ago the membership data was stolen by person unknown and that the Spanish Police was investigating.I was also told that their postal address is post office box in Malaga and no business address is given.They also told me that over 100 members had been contacted some had only beem members in some cases a few weeks.
samwestie72

Next

Return to Timeshare & Holiday Clubs