Extra Time Online

Find out the lowdown on who you hand over your hard earned cash too!

Postby Janet Aherne on Mon Sep 19, 2011 16:43 pm

Is this a reputable company? Although the main part seems to be in Spain, I understand there is a branch in Shepton Mallet, can anyone confirm this please?
Janet Aherne

Postby mandyw on Wed Dec 21, 2011 01:04 am

I may have just got scammed by them, they have just take a payment on £344 when I didn't agree to pay this until the new year. I have now got to try and get my money back. Will let you know how I get on.
mandyw

Postby Janet Aherne on Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:11 am

'phoned company and told them I wanted to cancel, said they didn't have a cancellation policy. I said I had not signed anything but this made no difference. Spoke to various people but got no joy. 'phoned visa and they told me to write to company by recorded delivery and if I did not get a reply in 2 weeks to contact the disputes section by post with copies of corres. This I did and I have received money back form visa. Cheers, Janet
Janet Aherne

Postby mandyw on Wed Dec 21, 2011 16:33 pm

Thanks Janet from this information. I have called 3 times today and promised that a manager will call me but not heard anything yet. I am just going to keep calling until I get an answer. I have report it to Master card and requested the forms. So I hoping that I get my money back. I will get a letter in the post tomorrow. I have not signed anything either, makes me feel sick that companies are out there that do this to people. I have report it to TATOC (Timeshare Association) as they are scam company and promise things and take unauthorised payments.

Regards
Mandy
mandyw

Postby Clairerk on Tue Jan 31, 2012 16:34 pm

They have just sold a 5 year contract to my husbands 83 year old Grandma.

She has altzheimers and has no understanding of the contract she has entered into let alone recall doing it.

Numerous phonecalls to them but just get told they have a no refunds policy.

Disgusting.
Clairerk

Postby mandyw on Wed Feb 01, 2012 22:58 pm

Hi Claire

Well I managed to get some of my money back, I just kept emailing and phoning until I got a result. An account manager did ring me back eventually and creditited my account with just over £300, which wasn't the full payment due to the exchange rate. He did appologise! I will now have to cancel my credit card, so they can't take any more payments. I still have not recieved any paper work and the phone calls have stopped trying to sell me things.

Keep sending emails and ringing their customer services number.

I certainly wont use this company as I dont trust how they do business and would not trust them with my timeshare and getting any money off them.

Good look with getting your money back.

Regards
Mandy
mandyw

Postby g.anne on Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:15 pm

I have taken a call this morning from Meon Valley Travel who want me to sign up for 5 years travel for 399.00. She mentioned 'extra time on line' she says Meon are based in the UK, I cant find any reviews on this company so are they just another co name for extra time?, she also says the company Extra Weeks gave our number etc to Extra Time??? Anyone else had the call? She said I must have plenty of money if I could afford to miss this offer, almost called me very silly not to take it up.
g.anne

Postby Happyprof on Tue Aug 13, 2013 19:57 pm

Just received a call from ETO asking for the second part of my membership! I joined on paying £399 for a 5 year membership. There was no mention of a second payment or of the yearly concierge fee. I have since had to pay that, £39.00, but am not paying anything else!
I informed the young lady that I purchased the 5 year package on the understanding that the cost was £399.00. At no time had anyone mentioned that this was half the cost otherwise I would have said no. I now find they are connected to Resorts Direct who are another bunch of cowboys!!
Do not touch them with the proverbial bargepole!
Happyprof

Postby derita on Wed Aug 21, 2013 19:41 pm

Interesting,I have been pestered for a payment of £39.
My complaint with them is that I was misled. as to what the £50 vouchers permitted and found that there was little on offer where I could use them.
The vouchers say for accommodation and yet cruises are excluded since they state are a package holiday, not permitted.
I would really like to know of any one who has had a good experience.

Regards
derita

Postby Sheppeyite on Sat Oct 05, 2013 15:26 pm

They state they are able to undercut existing travel agencies by as much as 30% and that is why we joined as we tend to do a lot of long haul holidays. Perhaps the ETOL marketing people actually believe their blurb about what they offer. But I don't - I think they are just after our money.

We had a cold call one evening and eventually bought the original ETOL package. We were told later that they had got our details from Resorts Direct. That was then followed up six weeks later with someone from ETOL stating that we were supposed to upgrade to a higher level; something that we were never aware of. Because of this persons attitude, I put the phone down saying I was not interested.

A few weeks later, my wife then had the same treatment from a female at ETOL like g.anne describes except she was actually called stupid! It must be new-style (punk, perhaps?) marketing to insult prospective customers.

Several phone calls and after much hard sell, they persuaded us to part with the readies to upgrade to their All-Inclusive Club as well. BTW, they gave us Gold membership for Bronze price.

They promise that they will get in touch within 48 hours when asked for a quote but in our experience the silence after two days is quite deafening (and irritating).

We think that the 'concierge' passes these requests on to Meon Valley Travel for action but they don't seem to be able to communicate much, let alone compete. On the one occasion we managed to get a quote from Meon, Thomsons beat their prices hands down.

The link so far is Resorts Direct to Extra Time On Line to All Inclusive Club to Meon Valley Travel. Perhaps they are all part one big, happy family of companies but perhaps not. We think they are probably more Europe-centric and perhaps not long haul orientated (although they do promise they can do this). The aim is probably to fill timeshare promotionals.

Regardless, based on our experiences so far, my advice is to give them a wide berth!
Sheppeyite

Next

Return to Travel Agents & Tour Operators