park resorts

Holiday Parks

Postby mug lady on Tue Dec 02, 2008 14:26 pm

well what can i say except stay clear they should re name last resorts
mug lady

Postby mugged on Tue Dec 02, 2008 21:29 pm

:) A warm welcome to you.

I hope you can bring some fresh topics to the thread.
What is your opinion of Last Resorts (I like the nickname).
Tell us Good or Bad!

Vanlady and Creamvanman sadly could not reach a out the hand of friendship for the sake of the last thread.
I hope they can return as thier opinions were of benefit to the site like I say Good or Bad about caravan ownership so newbies are pre warned.
I still say Park Resorts are the worst and I have owned vans under several companys and was here before PR so I think I am qualified to warn anyone about caravan ownership under them.

Park Resorts the worst.
mugged

Postby vanlady on Tue Dec 02, 2008 23:04 pm

I think we all try to keep these threads friendly, their purpose was to inform, and keep owners up to speed with issues, the most worrying thing i.ve heard today is that in Northumberland one of our parks has no 24 hour staff cover, yet there are still owners in their vans, not sure how that works, i must say i.ve never known it on my other parks, even at xmas whilst the office is closed for two weeks there is still security, i reackon they are not allowed to do this, those affected need to get together and send a jointly signed letter to head office in the first instance, then get a legal opinion on the issue.
vanlady

Postby anemployee on Wed Dec 03, 2008 00:18 am

Ok while I appreciate the concerrn about security.

Please show me where PR assures 24 hour security over 12 months on Parks.

We don't provide it either. :|
anemployee

Postby vanlady on Wed Dec 03, 2008 08:11 am

I think its reasonable to assume, as the value alone of the vans on site is immense, that security comes as standard, from an insurance point of view alone, if that is not the case owners need to be informed, not in small print, but up front, so they can at least cover their own property in the event of damage. Where the park knows they are selling to people who are older and intending to use their vans as a main residence, I think morally there is an obligation to inform of the lack of staff out of season. as an individual, I wouldnt like to feel responsible for owners needing support and it not being there, a lot of these parks are in more rural settings and help isnt on the doorstep, and I appreciate that they are primarily holiday locsations, but we all know some choose to use them as their main residence, and with that knowledge and acceptance comes responsibility, if not to provide a service, at least to inform. As i.ve said before, i.ve stayed out of season with Bourne and theres always been security, we had a fire on our park this spring, it had the potential to be catastrophic, i wouldnt like to think of the same event on a park with no staff and security. But these are issues that need addresing with the company at Hemel Hempstead, and I would urge other owners to make enguiries on their own parks and raise the issue repeatedly until it is properly adressed.
vanlady

Postby vanlady on Fri Dec 05, 2008 08:01 am

its all gone very quiet? has everyone been informed of the effect of the vat changes in regards to their site fees, I phoned park resorts last week and again yesterday and was told they are working on it! and adjustments will be made to accounts in due course, Bourne also sent out letters to the same effect, we need to make sure these adjustments are made, especilaly owners on smaller parks who may not be aware that they are entitled.
vanlady

Postby Xsniper on Fri Dec 05, 2008 17:22 pm

vanlady wrote:its all gone very quiet? has everyone been informed of the effect of the vat changes in regards to their site fees, I phoned park resorts last week and again yesterday and was told they are working on it! and adjustments will be made to accounts in due course, Bourne also sent out letters to the same effect, we need to make sure these adjustments are made, especilaly owners on smaller parks who may not be aware that they are entitled.

:shock:

I recieved a News Letter today nothing about site FEES the one thing they have said is 47Kg Gas Bottle Prices will stay the same as this Year in 2009 @ £48.50 each and they think they are doing us a Favour ?

Also any one with a single Gas Adapter will Only be allowed one gas Bottle any more and they are removing them as of 1st January 2009
Now that to me is STEALING peoples property
When I bought my first Van Fifteen Years ago the Park Owners supplied a SINGLE GAS ADAPTOR and TWO GAS BOTTLES ?
I have written for Legal Advice and will keep you posted ?

:o
Xsniper

Postby Cream Van Man on Mon Dec 08, 2008 02:55 am

Mugged,

Just reading at the moment!

Did quite like mug lady's suggested name.
Cream Van Man

Postby mugged on Tue Dec 09, 2008 17:40 pm

anemployee,
We were assured on purchase of our van that 24hour security was on park because of the cameras!
That particular park in Northumberland Churchpoint as far as I know have these cameras plus they did have security always until the cutbacks.
My friends bought thier new van in September and were also assured that 24hour security was on park with cameras and at the time security came on when staff left at evening time he was on park until morning before day staff came on park!This also got a reduction on thier Insurance.
So I say they have been Mis-sold the caravan,and not surprising they are seeking Legal Advice.
Now the cameras are not working and security has been paid off also one staff on park until 5o,clock.My friends along with many others bought the caravan to live in so this has been a big let down for them especially as the park closes on the 15th of this month until 15th January.Obviously they and other owners are concerned about thier property.
As mentioned before a lot consider the park as thier home and bought with the knowledge and permission to live in the vans so this company and the manager has a obligation to insure the safety of these owners no argument or excuses should be accepted.

:D Vanlady Welcome back I and others appreciate your updates concerning the parks Thank You.
:D Creamvanman Welcome back to you also I hope your okay regarding the hospital visit.
We need owners like you two to keep the threads going and the information you give to the site.
mugged

Postby mugged on Tue Dec 09, 2008 18:13 pm

Hi All,
Recieved a e-mail from friend on other another site and the BBC is looking into complaints regarding PR so anyone interested can contact [email address removed]

This is an opportunity to help sort problems out and warn others what they could be getting into!
mugged

Next

Return to Holiday Parks