plugs on island escape

Discussions on Thomson Cruises

Postby barbj1 on Fri Jul 31, 2009 14:18 pm

Hi all i am going on island escape 1st september {getting very near i can,t wait] I am on coral deck has anybody got any info about that. Can someone please tell me what plug i will need in cabin . Is it the euro flat pin or something else. Help please!!!!!!
barbj1

Postby Redbird on Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:29 am

I was about to ask the same question. I'm on Golden Deck. What plugs please. Also, will my hair straighteners work? Thanks.
Redbird

Postby CRUISING GRANNY on Wed Aug 12, 2009 14:41 pm

From what I remember there are sockets for both UK and continental plugs. The voltage is reduced to 110/120 so although you can plug in a UK plug the item will work much slower unless they are multi voltage.
CRUISING GRANNY

Postby HW tenpin on Wed Aug 12, 2009 15:56 pm

Hi all,

Most ships use the 110_120 system, with English three pin sockets only in a selected few cabins.
They also do not like you to use any electical item that has not got a fully thermostatically controlled cut-out. This is in all T&C. and for fire regulations.

Therefore your best bet is to buy and use a multi-adaptor, which will allow you to use all European, US and any other socket outlet. these have built in cut-outs.

Purchase from Airports, Supermarkets, Boots, AA shops or travel agents. cost last time I looked under ten pounds.
Cruising is like 'Being in the Garden of Eating'

Cruise-Forum.html

Link to cruise forum
HW tenpin

Postby barbj1 on Thu Aug 13, 2009 16:18 pm

Thank you both for helping me out with the plug problem. I will get one of those multi adapter you mention HW Tenpin. Not long for me to go now just 2 weeks . I can hardly wait!!!!!!!!!
barbj1

Postby barbj1 on Sat Aug 15, 2009 16:57 pm

Hi All Can anybody help me about a percentage that is added on to your bill at end of cruise towards tips. I am on a tight budget and when I heard something about this I was quite surprised. Obviously I would tip my cabin crew or anyone else who I thought deserved it. If anyone can answer this I would be grateful> How much approx do they add on ???? Thanks
barbj1

Postby HW tenpin on Sat Aug 15, 2009 17:29 pm

Hi Barbj1,

As the Escape is now part on the Thomson Group I would think the same policy applies which is all tips are included.

To quote Thomsons Web Site for the Island Escape for September this year

Tipping the Waiters
No, we've included all tips in the cost of your holiday. However, if you have received exceptional service you are welcome to give something extra.

Take a look yourself, by going to Thomsons Cruises, selecting the Escape for Sept then read what is included.

Hope this helps, only other thing is to ask customer services.
Cruising is like 'Being in the Garden of Eating'

Cruise-Forum.html

Link to cruise forum
HW tenpin

Return to Thomson Cruises