new to cruise

Discussions on Carnival Cruises

Postby miked24 on Fri Apr 18, 2008 16:18 pm

hi there can u please tell what carnval cruises are like and if they are for mixed ages as i am 25 and my bf is 28 we just come off ocean village and that was the best hoilday
miked24

Postby HW tenpin on Fri Apr 18, 2008 16:44 pm

Hiya Miked24,

Welcome to HW and in particular the cruise forum, where you can find many answers to most of your cruise questions.

Carnival, are like Princess, NCL, Royal Caribbean with mostly American style cruising, which means fairly laid back dinning arrangements, leaning towards casual, you may find one formal night a week, but as there are several options you can always find somewhere else to eat.

I would say that NCL & Carnival are more your age group but again that really depends on the cruise you choose. While Princess & RC are slightly more up market and do offer the more formal dining options should you require them, nice once in a while to dress up.

Entertainment on all these ships is about the same, and certainly above OV standard, leaning towards Broadway shows & tribute acts.

If you want to try them out look for the two & three day cruises out of Dover/Southampton this year. One comes to mind is 3 days from Dover on Carnival Splendor starting at �279, that's a new ship.

Any more questions I call in HW most days and would be only to please to answer them if I can.
Cruising is like 'Being in the Garden of Eating'

Cruise-Forum.html

Link to cruise forum
HW tenpin

Postby mims670363 on Sat Apr 19, 2008 13:04 pm

miked 24 where did you cruise on the ocean village we are looking at it for next time did you use the bikes looks good fun.
also tenpin where and on what ship would you reccomend i quite like the idea of one that visits eygpt have you been what did you think.
thanks wot time of year is good.
mims670363

Postby miked24 on Sat Apr 19, 2008 13:56 pm

hi so what the Coral Princess like than is it nice ?we went on a 14 night cruise to the caribbean we payed just over �3000 for ares wloud love to see more of the caribbean and do they do a cruise to the greek lislands please?????
miked24

Postby HW tenpin on Sat Apr 19, 2008 16:44 pm

Hi Miked24,

The Coral is a ship of great beauty, and the Panama Canal cruise is rated in one of our top ten of all time. Do read my review and take a look at the photos. (click on my profile if link below does not work)

Princess cruise line is now really gearing itself to the English market with four to six ships sailing from the Uk or the med this and next year.
all of them return to cruise the Caribbean during our winter months.
2009/10 brochures are out this week you can telephone for a copy or DVD on 0844-579-0099 quote EUR09, or CAR09 (out summer 08)either that or on line at Princess site

As you have sailed on the OV you can count that towards rewards in the Princess Captains Circle, after about four cruises this gives you priority boarding and other perks.

At the moment we are doing Princess & have found them great. Which after 50 years of cruising at least says something.

Remember that cruising is like

'Being in the Garden of Eating'

http://www.holidaywatchdog.com/32616-Co ... html#44365

Cruise-Forum.html

Link to cruise forum
HW tenpin

Postby miked24 on Sun Apr 20, 2008 00:13 am

hi there is it allinclusive or do u have to pay for your drinks ????
miked24

Postby HW tenpin on Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:35 am

Hello Miked24,

There are very few shipping lines that offer AI as a choice. These are usually limited special offers like Thomson at set times of the year, the purchase of same is also at different prices.

I believe the last truely AI ship was the Topaz, but unless you are really heavy drinkers paying full price for AI is not worth it.

Cruise-Forum.html

Link to cruise forum
HW tenpin

Return to Carnival Cruises Forum