Imperial Majesty Cruise Scam

Cruise

Postby Mad mother on Wed Aug 13, 2008 09:36 am

Thankyou to other members for their feedback on this I was called last night by Jason from RamadaVacation/Imperial Majesty Cruise offering me the deal a lifetime 2 nights in th Ramada Ft lauderdale 2 nights on the Imperial Majesty Cruise Ship to Bahamas ,6 nights in Orlando ,2 nights in Vegas, 4 nights in Mexico all for £399(for 2)plus flights. It was a reel you in sell ,heavy on pressure and they wanted a credit card then to seal the deal I asked for an hour to think during that time I went on line and saw your members comments that yes it was a big Scam -I consider myself streetwise but was tempted --i can understand how people get conned
Mad mother

Postby eaglewolf on Wed Aug 13, 2008 19:25 pm

Where is all the feed back from other members?
I was called today...would like to see other peoples comments
I am now wondering if my call was a scam too
I was told I had won the cruise
thanks for your comments
eaglewolf

Postby cpluplusanna on Thu Aug 14, 2008 16:04 pm

I have been called repeatedly from this company over the last few weeks, I hang up everytime I hear "Hello this is Imeperial Majesty Cruise....." but they are now becoming nuisance callers. Is anyone else experiencing this?
cpluplusanna

Postby digitaltoast on Tue Aug 26, 2008 13:51 pm

Hello everyone!

I hope people don't mind me mentioning this here, but I've been covering this story onmy blog for 3 months now, and have had a sudden surge in activity from people reading about the Imperial Majesty Cruise Scam
http://www.digitaltoast.co.uk/free-impe ... sau-cruise.

It's a pretty large posting so I won't repeat it here, but I'm just waiting for a few more comments, then I'm going to submit it to Watchdog or You and Yours.

So please, spread the word, or at least just let me know if you've been contacted by this outfit.
digitaltoast

Postby kimmybrown on Tue Aug 26, 2008 16:54 pm

My father has just been taken in by this 'deal'. He is 72 years old and thought he would treat my mother to the sunshine. He has paid a deposit of £259. Any comments welcome. I have copied all of the stuff I can from this site and others to show him. I understand his cc company will reimburse.
kimmybrown

Postby annelizabeth on Tue Aug 26, 2008 23:04 pm

I have also been persuaded to buy 2 packages from this company at £498 each aand dont know what to do now...I really am stupid
annelizabeth

Postby generalgrant on Mon Sep 01, 2008 23:33 pm

yo mother
been told by credit card company the imperial majesty cruise company is gen, but feel we may have fallen into the same trap
any more info that you know will be appreciated
cheers mate
generalgrant

Postby pudzzy on Fri Sep 05, 2008 06:18 am

Go to this web site below. Tells you how to cancel trips . They are targetting canada now under the name RTI Travel .

My 88 yr old dad paid $500

http://boakes.org/amerivacation-cancel/

According to Florida State Law “You have a right to cancel your purchase and receive a refund within 30 days of the date of purchase” after which, “the seller has 30 days from the time of receipt of your notice of cancellation to send you a full refund”. [source] [corroborating source]

The law exists to regulate Sellers of Travel to and from Florida, as well as Sellers of Travel whose place of business is in Florida - it helps to maintain the reputation of Florida as a welcoming vacation destination and protects the citizens of any country by forcing licensed sellers of travel to follow strict rules, including the ones about refunds; so the suggestions listed here are valid from any country.
pudzzy

Postby CaterhamV10 on Fri Sep 05, 2008 20:12 pm

Get a fair few of these 'free' holidays/short breaks in my inbox.
Called the 08000 number - over the Skypey, as one does; later in the conversation, 'Jennifer Hitken' or something wanted £498 via Visa card for various days and nights in Orlando, Mexico, cruising on Her 'Imperial Majesty' in the Caribbean, then see Costa Rica and Broome Park, Kent.
I think it's as Auntie BBC sometimes says: 'If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.'
Prenez garde.

Pierre
CaterhamV10

Postby Really conned on Mon Sep 22, 2008 18:42 pm

I was contacted today with the same offer of two free nights plus if I was to take any of the extra trips for £500 then I could have five nights cruise with a further four days at Orlando and Frt Lauderdale. I took the offer and was given the customer service number to contact which is 001 954 630 9949 I called the number and the number has been withdrawn this raised concerns s I am in the process of trying to cancel the card booking. I have also checked to see if the card has been debited and it is awaiting authorisation so hopefully I will be able to get it refused. Heres hoping.
Really conned

Next

Return to Cruise Lines