Help, any info on Voyager Holiday Club Gran Canaria

Won a free holiday? Suspicious? This is the place for you!

Postby Smiling_froggy on Thu Jan 24, 2013 22:52 pm

Hello! We're from France, and we also fell into this horrible trap at Puerto Atlantico Hotel last August.
To make it short (because our story is all the same as those told above), we spent a fortnight at Playa del Inglès. The second of our stay, we were driven to Arguineguin. After 6 hours spent in the sun talking again and again, we were quite dizzy and we signed a contract and left... 1000 euros (yes, a thousand!! How foolish we may be sometimes!!). Needless to say, the rest of the stay was quite weird because we knew something was going wrong with the contract, but we didn't know what!

Back in France, we fell on this website and we became gradually scared with what we read. We searched for info and found things always more incredible! Especially when we understood that there was the lack of this cooling-off period. That was the wrong thing!

We decided to write to Mrs Hildebrandt and demanded to stop any other further payment because our rights had been respected. She did so and transmitted our demand to the company sollicitor. This man answered nearly two months after. He wrote we were compelled to pay and that the cooling-off period was not compulsory! We sticked to our arguments and we wrote back to him in this way, menioning that we would contact the OMIC. We sent a copy of the mail to Mrs Hildebrandt...

In the meantime, we emailed the OMIC in Arguineguin. The answer was very rapid. I would say that within a fortnight, we had all our money back on our bank account. YES!!

As a matter of fact, the consumer's European rights (to which Spain and thus Canarian Islands are submitted) say that the cooling-off period is compulsory in any contract and that a company CANNOT ask for any ce"nt of euro before the end of this period. As the period is not mentioned...

So, THANKS A LOT to all of you, who helped us so much during the battle we finally won!!
Smiling_froggy

Postby Smiling_froggy on Thu Jan 24, 2013 22:56 pm

I 'd like to add that the company will certainly adapt very quickly to the situation.
We have learnt a very bad lesson (I don't know if it is "English", but it is "very French"), and we won't forget it!
Now, I feel really scared for the poor people who will fall into the trap in the future...
Smiling_froggy

Postby tina77 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 13:56 pm

Hi,

I am from Denmark and my mother and her husband is in Gran Canaria now and has yesterday sign up for this scam and payed 2000€ with her credit card. When she called my last night and told me happyly about it i was choked and said she should cancel it immidiatly. She has now been told that she cant cancel but i have read about the 7 days cooling of periode and can also see something about contacting something called OMIC and Mrs Hildebrandt - who and what is that. Can anyone help me ASAP with what to do and how.

Any help will be very much apreciated
tina77

Postby canonin4 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:53 am

Hej Tina.
Hvis dine forældre har skrevet under på en kontrakt, hvor der ikke er angivet nogen fortrydelsesret, har man ifølge europæisk lovgivning 3 mdr og 14 dages fortrydelsesret. Der er højst sandsynligt ikke anført en tidsbegrænset fortrydelsesret på kontrakten.
Så få dine forældre til at stoppe udbetalingen af de 2.0000 euro via deres bank det kan de sikkert nå endnu, da der som regel går op til 4 dage, før den bliver trukket. Måske skal de lave en indsigelse, men det må banken hjælpe med. Og for en ordens skyld, man har ALTID mindst 7 dages fortrydelsesret når man skriver under på disse kontrakter[quote="tina77"]Hi,

I am from Denmark and my mother and her husband is in Gran Canaria now and has yesterday sign up for this scam and payed 2000€ with her credit card. When she called my last night and told me happyly about it i was choked and said she should cancel it immidiatly. She has now been told that she cant cancel but i have read about the 7 days cooling of periode and can also see something about contacting something called OMIC and Mrs Hildebrandt - who and what is that. Can anyone help me ASAP with what to do and how.

Any help will be very much apreciated[/quote]
canonin4

Postby David Crocket on Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:08 am

I signed up and had a free week at gran canaria. When we got to the hotel we were given a room on the first floor. `we complained of it not being as good as the room they showed us, apparently the more you pay the higher up you go and the higher the floor the better the rooms are. The top floor is never used, only for show. We ended up on the 4th floor for free. Not bad!
We got talking and made friends with the only other 2 people staying at the time. They had owned a time share there for a long time and the hotel were trying to persuade them to sell it back. The hotel plans were to create a marina on the edge costing €200000000, that is two hundred million. The bill for the couples yearly membership for 2 weeks a year on 2nd floor room only was £750. A lot!
We quickly realised that when booking flights only it was cheaper to get a holiday package from Thomas Cook then pay for flights plus voyage.
We lost about £3000 altogether.
I would just like to add that since then I have had cold calls from people in spain offering to buy my membership for £7000. These things can be sold in the same way as selling a car.
I am holding on to mine because you can reactivate the membership for €59 and it may get better in years to come. If you were to sell through a cold caller, they will ask you for £2500 to cover solicitors fees should the sale fail to go through.
IT IS HIGHLY LIKELY THE SALE WILL NOT GO THROUGH AS THERE IS NO PROOF OF A BUYER EVEN EXISTS.
Better to ignore any calls. You can easily contact the hotel you signed up at and have a cheap holiday by reactivating the membership and booking a flight and transfer by bus not taxi. £20 on bus, £65 by taxi. Hope this helps you.
David Crocket

Postby ros485 on Tue Jul 09, 2013 19:28 pm

Hi,
currently vacationing in gran canary, and where tricked to participate in one of the presentations. At the end we denined to pay or be a member, and said that i dont make decions without thinking about first. And then they asked us to fill out a paper to collect our prize ( a vacation). We partly filled out the top details with names and birthdays. But did not sign... Unfortunate we must admit we did not read the paper entirely, and now faear that we where trigged.
We did not sign any papers, but i think to recall that i had to leave my signature at the entrance when comming in, and now fear that this can be used...
Now question should we worry?
Thanks
ros485

Postby Malcolm Corner on Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:18 am

As long as they have no payment details you will be ok. Just ignore any calls you get or any post and if you think they have a card detail, inform your card provider and cancel the card which is free.
Malcolm Corner

Postby ros485 on Sun Jul 14, 2013 07:20 am

[quote="Malcolm Corner"]As long as they have no payment details you will be ok. Just ignore any calls you get or any post and if you think they have a card detail, inform your card provider and cancel the card which is free.[/quote]

Thanks Malcolm...
ros485

Postby lawnmower60 on Wed Jul 24, 2013 15:05 pm

It has been reported in the daily mail and other papers that the people running this company and other companies in the group ie Reclaim gc have all been arrested and there offices have been searched
lawnmower60

Postby astra0359 on Thu Aug 15, 2013 21:28 pm

Hi

Help please

I have recently had a few cold calls about reclaiming any monies paid to these guys, but lost the contact number.

Has anyone managed to reclaim monies paid, if so how, as we believe we were also miss-sold this with No cooling off period! albeit 6yrs ago!!!!
astra0359

PreviousNext

Return to Timeshare & Holiday Clubs