Hotel Sahin, Gumbet

Discussions on Turkey

Postby Wicked_Venus_Plus_One on Sat Mar 31, 2007 16:56 pm

Hi there,

My partner and I have just booked to stay at these apartments at the end of August and got an absolute bargain...does anyone know what they are like as I can't seem to find a review!

Many Thanks

Em
Wicked_Venus_Plus_One

Postby enca48 on Sat Mar 31, 2007 22:46 pm

are u sure that hotel name def. sahin
i also look all bodrum hotels
i couldnt find it
can u give me which travel company u booked?
i can arrange it for u
enca48

Postby Wicked_Venus_Plus_One on Wed Apr 04, 2007 15:07 pm

Hi there, thanks for your reply.

It is definitely Sahin, booked it with the travel shop we always use and the company is Goldtrail...all above board (I hope anyway! LOL!)

We have a friend with a bar in Gumbet. He's advised it's a nice B&B and convenient for the beach and night life, which will do us!
Wicked_Venus_Plus_One

Postby jenke on Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:44 am

Hi

Myself and 4 friends have just returned from a weeks stay at the sahin hotel. If you want an honest opinion i would try and get my booking moved to another hotel. When we arrived they couldn't have been nicer. Mama as she likes to be called is the owner along with the her son.

Tony the bar manager is a creep. He will be all chummy with you to begin with but if you don't use their facilities this soon comes to an end. (Which is probably a blessing in disguise). We would recommend the Prens hotel across the road for the pool, and the guys don't hassle you or go to the beach which is stunning. If you want to take anything into you room do it under the cover of darkness or sneak it in.

It was clean enough although they only change the towels every 4 days which although it was supposed to be every 3. In its defense its location is good. Away from all the noisy bars but easy to get into the main town.
jenke

Postby dylan05 on Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:29 pm

Hi we have stayed in gumbet befoe and it wasbrilliant we stayed in the hotel ali baba and it we were made feel so welcome.

Now we have just booked it again to go back in august to stay in the sahin hotel. dose anyone have anything god to say about it.
dylan05

Postby fikret on Tue Jun 24, 2008 22:10 pm

its a very nice family run hotel up a slight hill off the main bar street i had a holiday there last year and am going back july this year im sure you will find it lovely too
fikret

Postby garthsoulja on Sun Oct 05, 2008 09:13 am

i have just stayed at the sahin in gumbet and after serving as a junior rank in the army taking me to places like bosnia and kosovo i would rather stay in a war torn country rather that here .

the safe deposit boxes are not secure (keys left in them unattended)
the rooms have carpets which smell badly

money went missing during our stay and i had to argue with the (MAMA)
TO GET MY SHEETS CHANGED ON THE FIFTH DAY
garthsoulja

Postby garthsoulja on Sun Oct 05, 2008 09:16 am

please please book somewhere else and save your self from a really bad experience
garthsoulja

Postby lil_miss_dawn on Thu May 28, 2009 16:15 pm

nice hotel, pleasent staff but PLEASE watch your valuables as i had items taken from my room (money, binoculars and digital camera)
As precaution check other reviews. Been to Turkey several times before and have never experienced this before at any other hotel.

MR D LAMB
lil_miss_dawn

Return to Turkey Forum